On this week’s episode of Let’s Talk Integration, our host Teresa Fallico welcomes Rohit Joshi, CEO of Brightsquid, to join her in a conversation around the importance of privacy and security in relation to healthcare interoperability.
Brightsquid is a web-based medical grade collaboration and information sharing platform that centralizes communication between health-care professionals and their patients. Rohit has been working in software and digital security in North America for over 20 years. He is a privacy specialist, expert speaker, and lawyer with an extensive background in technology and compliance law. With vast experience in healthcare communications, Rohit is well-versed in identifying opportunities for integration improvements within the healthcare industry, which is why we were excited to have this conversation with him.
Highlights from this week’s episode:
- Why privacy and security are important for information sharing in the healthcare industry
- Major privacy and security challenges Rohit has seen in healthcare when embarking on interoperability
- Comparison of security and privacy standards in the US vs Canada
- Statistics around clinics facing cyber attacks in North America
- Types of security breaches
- What clinics can do to measure their risk of a breach
- Common reasons as to why organizations are poorly prepared for potential threats to sensitive information
- Employee vulnerability to security breaches
- Policy, regulatory, and general interoperability trends emerging in the healthcare industry
Podcast: Play in new window | Download