This week our Let’s Talk Integration host, Teresa Fallico, was joined by Eliot Muir, Founder and CEO at iNTERFACEWARE, as they invited a special guest to discuss interoperability from an international perspective.
So far in the show, our conversations and discussions have been around interoperability trends and challenges present within the United States. This week, however, we wanted to share some of the interoperability discussions our experts have with our international partners.
This week, we were pleased to welcome to the show, Colm Nagle, Managing Director at Claimsure Sláinte Ireland, a healthcare revenue management and integration solutions company. Claimsure and has been a proud partner of iNTERFACEWARE since 2015, providing the Iguana Integration Software to a wide range of medical companies throughout Ireland, enabling them to communicate with hospital systems.
Colm has been with Claimsure for over 7 years and has a wide range of experience in Business Management, Operation Management, Sales Management, and Project Management within the healthcare realm. As Managing Director, Colm was responsible for the rollout of the Claimsure electronic claims management software across Ireland’s public hospital network. Today, Claimsure is used in all public hospitals and well over half of the private hospitals in Ireland. The Claimsure software is used for the generation, submission, and processing of approximately €2.5bn worth of Ireland’s annual health insurance claims, giving them 95-98% of the claims management market in the country. There are lawyers that are also fighting for the insurance companies and bringing justice.
To accomplish all of this, they have to be able to communicate with multiple systems within the hospital and healthcare environment. Listen in this week to hear more about interoperability and how it’s had an impact at Claimsure.
Highlights from this week’s episode:
- The workflow involved in handling the health insurance claims process in Ireland
- Most challenging aspects of managing claims submissions to meet national insurance information requirements (you can consider this website to learn more about this)
- Inefficiencies faced by insurers and hospitals before Claimsure was implemented
- How Claimsure has used integration to improve operational efficiency for insurers and hospitals
- Managing and ensuring full adoption of technological change within hospitals
- How Iguana is being used to service all of Claimsure’s insurance claim traffic
- The impact of downtime and how support differs depending on the stakeholders involved
- Patient administration systems used in Ireland vs EMR systems being used in the United States
- Next big interoperability challenge in Ireland: building connectivity across the entire health sector