In this week’s episode of Let’s Talk Integration, Stephanie Pozzebon will be discussing the challenge faced by hospitals of increasing readmission rates, how interoperability can be used to reduce readmissions, and as a result, reduce the significant associated costs.
Highlight’s from this week’s episode:
- Statistics around the costs associated with unnecessary hospital readmissions and how they can affect a hospital’s growth
- Explanation of the Hospital Readmission Reduction Program (HRRP) and how interoperability can be used to improve a hospital’s HRRP performance
- How interoperability can be used to solve the root causes of hospital readmissions which include:
- Inadequate care coordination
- Lack of patient engagement & education
- Insufficient care tracking & data analytics